How Can We Help?
Boise Air Conditioning Made Easy!
“Today we can heat and cool your whole house or just one room more efficiently, more effectively and more comfortable than ever before!“
President, SHANCO Heating & Air
Don’t go another day without the comfort of Air Conditioning. Central AC is essential for Boise homeowners because when the scorching heat of summer arrives, you want to be prepared with a comfortable solution that is reliable, dependable and won’t break the bank!
Why American Standard? American Standard Air Conditioners are built on the promise of comfort and long-lasting reliability. They’ve been manufacturing quality heating and cooling systems since the late 1880’s and are consistently ranked among the most dependable products in the market. American Standard Product Guide
Ready to Add Air Conditioning or Replace your AC? We can help with that. The best time to add AC is before you need it. That way you’ll be prepared when the hot scorching weather comes, and we’ll have time to plan and prepare for a system that will keep you cool and comfy when you need it most.
We Recommend the Highest Efficiency You Can Afford. Many homeowners overlook the total cost of ownership and are therefore tempted to purchase the least expensive Air Conditioner without considering the longer-term cost of ownership. We’ll go over all your options, including financing options that will help you make the best decision today.
What is the right Cooling System for my home? As an American Standard Customer Care Dealer, we’ve been trained to know how to match the right Air Condoning System to your home. Your home is far more important than most people think. We’ll take the time to understand your unique needs.
Do you have hot or cold spots in your home?
Does anyone in the house have allergies?
Where do you spend most of the time in your home?
Would you like to save money on your utility bill?
How long do you plan on living in your home?
Are you interested in remote access to your AC?
How Can We Help?
Ask a Question or Get a Quote from your Boise HVAC experts!
Understanding Efficiencies: Every Air Conditioner comes with an efficiency rating, which tells you how much of the total energy used is delivered to the home as cooling. The performance of an Air Conditioner is measured by SEER (seasonal energy efficiency ratio). The higher the SEER rating, the better the Central Air Conditioner will function and the greater your savings will be
SEER: Air Conditioners are measured in SEER (seasonal energy efficiency rating) and is similar to EER (energy efficiency rating) except that it measures the average efficiency over a season, rather than on a single test. A minimum SEER rating is 13, while many units boast of a 21 SEER or higher.
If you’re considering Adding Air Conditioning or Upgrading your AC System, knowing a unit’s efficiency is only part of finding the right fit for your home. Let our trained HVAC experts guide you in finding the right type and size of AC System to provide you with optimal comfort all year long.
Get The SHANCO Advantage:
- We’ll make sure your Air Conditioner is properly sized. Under-sizing and over-sizing are big problems that cost time and money. When you work with us, you can expect to get a perfect match.
- We have a 90 day lemon guarantee, if a main component goes out in the first 90 days, we’ll replace the whole unit!
- We always provide options! We recommend buying the highest efficiency and most comfortable Air Conditioner that you can afford. American Standard has many AC systems that are ENERGY STAR® rated.
- Consider a programmable thermostat to help manage energy bills.
- We’ll go over options that will help with Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) needs you may have.
- We’ll evaluate your living environment and recommend the right air filter as well as the right schedule to replace your Air Conditioner’s filter.
- Save 15% on repairs and get $100 off new equipment for every year you’re a member. Enjoy these savings with our Comfort Club
What Does Proper Sizing Mean?
Proper sizing is extremely important because going too small or too big has a big impact on your home comfort. Bigger is not better and will cost you more money up front and more money to operate, not to mention the comfort issues it will create by not being sized correctly. And on the other hand, an Air Conditioner that is too small will lack the ability to give you the comfort you desire.
Why Choose Us?
We will never give you a guess-timate or a casual recommendation. We will take the time to find out about your concerns and properly evaluate your home. If you inherited the Air Conditioner when you bought your house, it may not be the right match for you OR if its more than 12 years old, it may be time to replace. We’ll make your whole experience with us comfortable from your first call to the day we install your new AC System.
- Step 1: We listen.
- We will ask some questions about your home and your needs. Are you Adding AC for the first time or replacing an old Air Conditioner? Are you interested in some of the new features? Where do you spend most of your time? Do you have hot spots in your home? How many people live in the home and how many pets are all parts of our discovery. We ask questions so we can understand how to find the best Central AC Unit for your needs.
- Step 2: We look at your environment.
- There are many factors that determine how comfortable a home is, which direction the house is facing, what type of insulation and windows you have. We make sure to understand your living space to make sure that we properly match a product to your needs.
- Step 3: We’ll recommend.
- After a discussion and evaluation of your living space, we’ll start presenting AC options and discuss your budget. We’ll go over rebates and incentives that may be available as well as talk about financing options.
Benefits of Central Air Conditioning:
- Improve Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) due to the filtration system that traps dust, lint, pet dander, bacteria, viruses, and other allergens.
- Cool multiple rooms, not just one room.
- Quieter than window air conditioners.
- Better home security. When you open the windows at night to cool your home, you also open yourself up to unwanted intruders.
- You may qualify for rebates & incentives.
Hire a contractor with credentials! You can rest easy that when we visit your home that we come with some of the highest credentials.
Your Partner in Comfort. We believe the more you know about your home comfort system, the more comfortable you’ll feel with us. Doing the right thing in is our mantra from start to finish.
Air Conditioning FAQs
Q: Should I repair or replace my AC?
A: This is a popular question, and it depends on many factors. If you AC System has been properly maintained with regular filter changes and is less than 12-years-old, it may be a simple parts replacement. Other times it may make more sense to replace you Air Conditioner, especially if your faced with a higher repair bill. Today’s air conditioners are significantly improved offering super high efficiencies that will save money on your utility bills. Many AC Units are ENERGY STAR® rated and may qualify for incentives.
Q: Why choose Central Air Conditioning?
A: There are a multitude of reasons to choose an Air Conditioner for your home. Many people enjoy the fact there is filtration system that filters dust, lint, debris, pet dander, bacteria, and many other allergens. Central Air can cool multiple rooms, are quieter than window units, offer higher security than a window unit, are easy to use and have financing options available to make it an affordable choice.
Q: How do I care for Central Air System?
A: There are 2 important things every homeowner can do. The first is to make sure that you schedule an annual maintenance check up! Many people ignore their heating and cooling system and run into problems later. Do this once a year, every year to stay on top of any potential issues. Secondly make sure to regularly change your air filters. We will recommend which grade air filter for your home and also recommend how frequently to change your AC filter – this is based on how many people, pets are in the home as well as other factors.