AC Replacement Boise Idaho
AC Replacement – Everything You Need To Know
It’s just a matter of time. Your Air Conditioner is going to wear out and will need to be replaced. There will come a day when your Air Conditioner system simply isn’t worth continuing to run or repair and when that happens, we’ll be here to help!
You’re going to love our service techs who have the highest level of training and certification and know how to match the right Air Conditioner to your home.
We’ll walk you through our step-by-step process to choosing a new Air Conditioner that is perfectly matched to your needs. We evaluate home size and budget, and then complete your new installation quickly and dependably.
Benefits of Central Air Conditioning
Replacing your AC is an exciting opportunity. Today’s air conditioners have advanced and offer far greater efficiencies and modern conveniences than models that are just 10 years old.
Today’s Air Conditioners offer improved comfort, improved IAQ (Indoor Air Quality) as well as many other benefits.
AC Replacement Preparations
Did you inherit your Central Air Conditioner when you bought your house? Chances are good that you did. How did the previous homeowner make that purchase?
- Did they buy the least expensive system
- Did the contractor properly size the system?
- Does that system match the needs of your family?
In all likelihood, the Air Conditioning System that came with the house may not be right for you. It’s a good time to get something perfectly matched to your needs.
We’ll help you prepare for your home comfort by doing a thorough evaluation of your home and your unique needs.
- Go over your wants and needs.
- We’ll review basic HVAC terms to know and understand
- We’ll make sure you get a unit perfectly sized to your home.
- Inform you of basic HVAC terms to know and understand
- Go over financing options
- Do a discovery of rebates and incentives that may be available to you
- Inform you of AC replacement and installation process
Understanding SEER Ratings
SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio—a rating system of the air conditioner’s cooling capacity and efficiency. The higher the SEER rating, the more efficient it is.
For example, an air conditioner with an 18 SEER rating is more energy-efficient than an air conditioner with a 16 SEER rating. Efficiency is one of the most important considerations that you can make when comparing HVAC units.
Purchasing a New AC? Our Step-by-Step Process.
We know that homes come in all sizes and layouts, and we know that people have budgets. Which is why we walk through a well thought out process that will guide you to the right decision.
Step 1: Proper sizing: The first thing we’ll take care of is to make sure your unit is properly sized to your unique situation. Sizing is the most important factor because over-sizing and under-sizing are big issues in the industry and can cost you money.
We’ll start with a heat load calculation, which will look at your home’s insulation, how many windows & doors you have, the orientation of your home (east-facing or west-facing), how many rooms you have, how many people in the home and zoning issues.
Once we find the perfectly sized system, we’ll address Energy Efficiencies.
Step 2: We’ll go over Energy Efficiencies: It’s important to understand efficiency ratings as they directly impact your utility bills. We’ll go over total cost of ownership. While a higher efficiency unit will be more expensive, it’s going to save money every month on your utility bills, and it may also qualify for rebates and incentives. So it’s important to look at the big picture.
Step 3: We’ll provide 5 options: Which is why we’ll present 5 options for you, from the least expensive system to a high efficiency system, which may be ENERGY STAR ® rated.
“We recommend that you get the highest efficiency you can afford.”
How much does a new air conditioner cost in Boise?
This is one of most frequently asked questions. The answer is that it depends on several key factors.
Here are the variables to consider in pricing an AC system:
- The size of the Air Conditioner: The bigger the system or the larger the capacity, the more expensive it will be. AC systems are measured in tons, typically from 1.5 to 5 tons in size. Resist the urge to match a system based on the square footage of your house. You need a heat load calculation to determine the size.
- The efficiency of the AC System: The higher the energy efficiency the higher the cost. AC systems are measured by SEER rating, typically from 13 to 26 SEER. While a 26 SEER will cost more money up front, you will see a ROI (return on your investment over time due to the saving on your monthly utility bill).
- Features for you Air Conditioner: IAQ (Indoor Air Quality is a growing concern today. Air Quality features like U air purifiers, high efficiency air filters, noise reduction features are all modern conveniences that can be added to you new Air Conditioner.
What does AC installation include?
Air Conditioning installation includes a thorough evaluation of your home and your needs. In addition to talking to you about the equipment, it’s equally important to look at your ductwork. Over time duct work can develop leaks, tears, and sometimes big holes. The comfort of your homes depends on bringing the ductwork up to speed so you can enjoy the full benefits of your new Central Air Conditioner.
Looking for the Top AC Replacement Contractor in Boise?
Shanco Heating & Air is a full-service AC service provider, we’re ready to help whether you need AC installation, AC repair or AC maintenance. Based in Boise, Idaho we serve the entire Valley, including Meridian, Nampa Caldwell and Eagle. For a worry-free Air Conditioning Installation,
Call: 208-906-6928 today!
How Can We Help?
Ask a Question or Get a Quote from your Boise HVAC experts!